On 31st March 2020, Alok Sharma, the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy wrote an open letter to the construction industry.
The letter was aimed at thanking everyone in the construction industry, especially under these difficult circumstances.
It also provides some guidance with regards to travelling to work and the updated Site Operating Procedures (SOPs) published by the Construction leadership Council.
We hope you find these resources useful...
Alok Sharma's Letter to the Construction Industry
The letter covers a number of key points including
- A tribute to all those working tirelessly within the construction industry
- Continued support for construction workers to travel to work
- Updated Site Operating Procedures (SOPs) published by the Construction leadership Council
Updated Site Operating Procedures (SOPs)
As of 2nd April 2020, the Government has confirmed that construction sites should continue to operate during the current Coronavirus crisis.
However, the Construction Leadership Council have produced updated Site Operating Procedures to better protect all construction workers in their workplace.
This includes advice on:
- Hand washing
- When work should not continue
- Updates from Public Health England
- A requests to avoid using the tube network
- A need to monitor the implementation of the procedures
- Much more besides...