The Protimeter MMS 2 is a 4-in-1 instrument, ergonomically designed for easy one-handed operation, when measuring moisture in materials in buildings and related structures.
It can measure surface moisture and moisture below a surface, as well as acting as a hygrometer to measure ambient air humidity.
The addition of an infra-red thermometer allows the difference between dew point and surface temperature to be calculated, as well as a wide range of other important psychometric parameters.
The new MMS 2 will help building professionals such as surveyors, inspectors and architects to assess building moisture levels during new build and refurbishing activities and assist in the diagnoses of moisture-related problems in existing buildings.
Complete Moisture Measurement
When consise and accurate environmental readings need to be reported, the MMS 2 gets the job done. The ability to record readings instantly at the push of a button makes this instrument ideal for many applications including:
- Building survey
- Flood and fire restoration
- Concrete floor moisture measurement
- Indoor air quality
- Environmental health
- Pin moisture measurement
- Pinless moisture measurement
- Ambient relative humidity and temperature measurement
- Equilibrium humidity measurement in concrete floors
- Psychometric calculations
- Laser pointer surface non-contact temerature measurement
- Data logging
- Firmware update
Four-In-One Moisture Measurement System
Measures moisture in wood and wood floors, drywall, concrete and concrete block, stucco, plaster, masonry and other building materials.
Mode 1: Search Mode
Search (non-invasive mode) behind ceramic tile, fine finishes, water stains, tile and vinyl floor coverings, wood, drywall, plaster, masonry, concrete and concrete block.
- Non-invasive pinless radio frequency finds moisture up to 3/4 in (19 mm) below surface
- Search mode not adversely affected by surface moisture
Mode 2: Measuring Mode
Measure (pin mode) diagnoses the extent of moisture intrusion for damage assessment and monitor drying out of building structures.
- Use built-in pin or plug in the heavy duty moisture probe for measuring in hard-to-reach areas
- Use deep wall pin-type probes to measure moisture in walls, wall cavity insulation, sub and surface structures
- Use accessories such as hammer probes to measure at depth
Mode 3: Humidity Mode
Hygrometry measures or monitors buildings for adequate ventilation affecting indoor air quality and moisture problems.
- Measures relative humidity and temperature, dew point and surface temperature, surface proximity to dew point (condensation) and grains per pound, as well as multiple psychrometric calculations
- Allows measurement of equipment such as dehumidifiers
- Measures equilibrium relative humidity in concrete floors using the in situ probe method
- Use to detect conditions for mold and fungus growth, that can lead to unhealthy living conditions
Mode 4: Surface Temperature
Surface Temperature (IR) checks surface temperature, utilizing laser pointer, calculates proximity to dew point.